Santiago / Chile
Chantal Bernsau, Bachelor of Education in French, goldsmith and jewelry designer, is now recognized as a pioneer of contemporary jewelery in Chile with his 30-year career, which placed it this year, among the 100 leading women entrepreneurs.
Chantal has always been inspired by the different ethnic groups in the world and especially in the folklore and traditions of their home country, Chile, after living most of his childhood in France.
His interest in sustainable, recycling and fair trade, led her to work with different communities, rescuing materials never before used in jewelry, and crafts in extinction, typical of Chile. His designs are characterized by innovative, timeless, adventurous but also with a touch of elegance.
She is not interested in following trends, true to her personal style that characterizes it as unique and singular.
For their own stores, which are 3, she designs different mini-collections, with unique pieces, all handmade, that combines different materials and techniques with great symbolism in their shapes and colors.
In its export line she presents horse hair, horn and textiles.
In its National line, privileges gems and stones based on their studies of Gem, plus various local materials found in her travels around the world.
Today, she also designs exclusive collections for other companies like Mercedes Benz and also chilean foundations like Artesanías de Chile and Imagen de Chile.
- Member of the first Association of Fashion in Chile. MODA CHILE
- IMAGEN DE CHILE, selected to be one of the designers that will integrate the corporate gift catalog, with exclusive designs in Picoyo and horsehair. www.imagendechile.cl
- MERCEDES BENZ, Invited to design jewelry collection called Metallic, for VIP clients. The first version of 2,000 pieces and then 3,000 pcs.
- FUNDACIÓN ARTESANIAS DE CHILE, Nonprofit NGOs. Chantal Bernsau was chosen to create the collection called The Bicentennial Jewel (1810-2010) which is produced by low-income artisans, and sold in the NGO stores. The material used was Picoyo, elbow ancient tree resin of Araucaria Araucana, which was first used in jewelery, demonstrating again his great contribution to innovation.www.artesaniasdechile.cl
AWARDS AND COMPETITIONS2012
- Selected among the 100 Women Business Leaders in Chile. www.mujeresempresarias.cl
- Finalist in the Ibero-American Design Biennial Madrid, Spain. www.bid-dimad.org
- Seed Capital Competition-Sercotec Winner of funds with her project Joya de los Andes. www.sercotec.cl
- CREA. SERCOTEC, Government of Chile. Design & crafts Contest
- Selected among the top 50 pieces and was exhibited at the gallery Puro Chile – New York, at the Biennale of Design in Chile and in Latin American Design Biennial in Madrid – Spain. www.purochile.com
- Raíz Diseño. Award for best identity catwalk. With the best identity and the rescue of Chilean traditions. called “fashion lab” 2010.
- RAIZ DISEÑO, Sacred Geometry Collection, Museo de Artes Visuales (MAVI), Stgo., Chile
- RAIZ DISEÑO, “Ethic-ethnic” Collection, Chile / GAM www.raizdiseño.cl
- IXEL MODA-CARTAGENA DE INDIAS, COLOMBIA, sustainable runway
- VANGUARDIA MADE IN CHILE, Women collection
- RAIZ DISEÑO, CHILE, sustainable runway, Folklore Collection
- INTERNATIONAL GOLD FASHION WEEK SHANGHAI, CHINA
- PASARELA SANTIAGO. CHILE. Meditation Collection.
- Expressions Galery, New London, Conneticut. Project chosen and funded by Pro Chile to present a collection called Extraction-dive with the sculptor Ignacio Gana www.expressiones.com
- Projectunwritten One art Space,Tribeca New York.USA. www.projectunwritten.com
- NYIGF, NY, International Gift Fair, Hand made Global Design, USA
- NYIGF, NY International Gift Fair. Handmade Global Design USA. www.NYIGF
- BAZAR ED, design fair, CHILE
- “IV Design Biennial” CHILE SE Diseña, CHILE.
- Catalogue 2012 Biennial of Iberoamerican Design
- Handeye Magazine catalog, New York,Novembrer,2011 http://handeyemagazine.com/content/chilean-horsehair-weaving
- Eco fashion, Sass Brown www.ecofashiontalk.com/2010/11/chantal-bernsau
- The value of your closet/ Viste la calle
- Klamote / www.Klamote.wordpress.com/2009/04/09/coleccion-chantal-bernsaucomplemento
- Design Biennial / www.bienaldediseno.cl
- Anthropologie -USA /www.thecoterieblog.com/2009/03/chilean-jewelry-from-anthropologie.html
- Santiago Cleans Up / www.travelandleisure.com
- MERCEDES BENZ: Metallic collection, 2.000 and 3.000 Pcs.
- Arteorígen: Style design from Chile. www.arteorigen.com
- Altiplánico Hotel: SAN PEDRO DE ATACAMA.www.altiplanico.cl/sanpedro/sanpedro.html
- Kunza Hotel: PATAGONIA.www.hotekunza.cl
- MADE ON EARTH-NEW YORK.www.made-on-earth.co
- ANTHROPOLOGIE: NEW YORK.www.anthropologie.com
- ANDRES SARDA – MADRID.www.andressarda.com
- LANGUAGE BOUTIQUE: SOHO / Nueva York.
- W HOTEL: Isidora Goyenechea 3000 , LOC 106-B , Las Condes, Santiago – Chile.
- Olegario Ovalle 356-D , Zapallar .V Region